Overview of the Disciplinary Process
This process is designed to accommodate the following situations:
- The approval of registration for a person qualified to be a SQP to be listed on the Vetpol register.
- Where the initial registration of a SQP is denied and the person appeals that decision.
- A breach in the Code of Conduct for SQPs that triggers disciplinary action which could result in the removal of that SQP from the register.
- Where Vetpol Ltd proposes removing a person from the register, and the person appeals that decision.
Inclusion on the Register
Candidates who have completed the Level 4 SQP qualification can apply to be added to the Vetpol register, provided they commit to Vetpol Ltd terms and conditions and pay the annual registration fee up-front and in full.
Candidates who apply to be added to the Vetpol register but who have been removed from another SQP register due to disciplinary action or another reason that would require their removal to comply with the VMD code of conduct, may not be accepted onto the Vetpol register and they will be notified of this in writing within 14 days of application, with reasons.
Candidates who are presently on the register of another regulator may apply to move to the Vetpol register although Vetpol reserves the right to examine not just the proof of qualification which led to inclusion in the originating register, but also the candidate’s CPD record. Further CPD may be specified for completion by a given date or prior to registration as a condition of inclusion on the Vetpol register; the CPD requirement will be not subject to appeal however the candidate may come forward with further evidence of CPD to back up the original appeal within 28 days, or subsequently make a new application when the candidate has brought his or her CPD record up to date.
Other than for the CPD requirement anyone refused from the register has the right of appeal, in writing, within 28 days, including any additional information to support their appeal. Appeals will be considered by 2 Vetpol Directors plus an independent, external assessor not previously involved in the assessment. As a consequence the candidate will:
- Be entered onto the Vetpol SQP register
- Be denied registration citing the reasons for the decision
External Complaints and Disciplinary Process
Where an external complaint is received about a SQP on the Vetpol register the following complaints and disciplinary process is followed: