This page describes our Health and safety policy: Vetpol aims to ensure we operate robust health and safety regulations within the workplace.
The application of this policy will ensure that any concerns or issues which arise regarding the health and safety of Vetpol employees or visitors, are safely and efficiently dealt with.
This policy applies to any health and safety concerns or issues which may arise within the workplace.
With regards to our employees, Vetpol aims:
- To provide adequate control of the health and safety risks arising from our work activities;
- To consult with our employees on matters affecting their health and safety;
- To provide information, instruction and supervision for employees;
- To ensure all employees are competent to carry out their tasks, and to give them adequate training;
- To maintain safe and healthy working conditions; and
- To review and revise this policy as necessary at regular intervals.
All employees are required to:
- Co-operate with supervisors and managers on health and safety matters;
- Not interfere with anything provided to safeguard their health and safety;
- Take reasonable care of their own health and safety and that of others;
- Report all health and safety concerns to an appropriate person
Health & Safety advice is available from the Bedford HSE office: 0300 031647 and further information is available here from the HSE.
Health surveillance is initially via line manager / supervisory observations and risk assessments. It is also expected that employees bring to their supervisor’s attention, any existing or new, issues which may cause concern in these areas.